BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer Forum Index BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer
BRAN VAN 3000

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need your bv3 knowledge!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer Forum Index -> bv3 at large
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:51    Post subject: We need your bv3 knowledge! Reply with quote

All right, here's the deal:

There is A LOT of info to add to the website, and obviously things will go faster if everybody can contribute!

Please add your contributions to this thread and we'll add them to the site. If you're too shy, just mail them to mp@lecastel.org, but it is WAYYYY better to discuss it here so everybody knows what's already been done Smile.

If you'd like to submit other pictures or computer files, please send them to sd@lecastel.org or wait until the attachment feature is added to the board Very Happy.

Here's a partial todo list:

http://branvan3000.lecastel.org/pictures.php
A lot of pictures need better captions.

http://branvan3000.lecastel.org/songs.php
If any member of bv3 talked about specific songs in interviews, it would be nice to add this info. It would be great to know who sings each part of the songs Crazy.

http://branvan3000.lecastel.org/people.php
For each member, we'd like to have some background info such as other projects, links to specific websites, what they're doing now, etc.

http://branvan3000.lecastel.org/concerts.php
We'd like to list all past concert dates, add pictures, setlists, everything really!

Of course, if you think of anything else, that would be great too!

Thanks !!

sd and Mp³
AKA
EsseDé and EmmePé Smile
AKA
your webmasters Cool

Friction

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wohaa, this site is so cool.
So here is the setlist fo the concert:
11/03/1998 (Tuesday) - Prime Club, Köln, Germany

I think that´s the concert they aired on viva/viva2 (german TV).
This is only 90% complete, because i recorded the show on viva. on viva2 they had one or two more songs Sad
1 Cum On feel The Noize
2 Ceci
3 Afrodiziak
4 Forest
5 Willard
6 Carry On
7 Rainshine
8 Drinking In LA
9 Chem
10 Loop Me
11 Step Child
12 Baba
13 Old School
14 Mama Don´t Smoke
alexXxis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 17:12    Post subject: I've got stuff for you Reply with quote

Hey!

In 1997, I started one of the first, if not the first website on Bran Van 3000, it was called the 'Bran Van 3000 Bilingual Website' anyway, I've got a lot of stuff on them, on what they did in 1997-1998. So if you want it, playlist, pictures, news, etc. . Just let me know, I'll send it to you, no problem.

alexis

IceShaft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh!! really? Shocked

that would be awesome!!
im sure EsseDe will appreciate it!! Very Happy

so Yay for u!! and Welcome here! Surprised

rulf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've to look on my cdroms
but i should have some things from older websites

somewhere there was a site about the samples they used on glee....i will try to find it
bye
buggsy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 13:39    Post subject: do you need any developers? Reply with quote

I dont suppose you need any web developers for this project, do you? I know out of work dot-commers are a dime a dozen, but i'd be glad to help with coding if you need me.. anything i can do to spread the bran van word! Idea

-Judge Snyder, The Simpsons Episode 5F05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IceShaft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
anything i can do to spread the bran van word

that's good! Cool

monsieur_bisou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:23    Post subject: lyrics Reply with quote

I downloaded most of the lyrics of branvan3000.com, please let me know if you want to have them.

Maybe you should ask greg first if it is ok to post them, since lyrics have publishing rights attached to them and sometimes this can be problematic -- not with the band (most bands would be very cool about it, but they don't own the rights to their own lyrics), but the publisher (who has stakes in those lyrics..)

Glee

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 14:59    Post subject: what i know so far :p Reply with quote

JesseLawrence

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one!

I LOVE the photo on the live show review.

. . .messy eclectica. . . wonder what that is?

Razz Very Happy Razz

sd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 21:12    Post subject: Re: what i know so far :p Reply with quote

THANKS A LOT!! Very Happy

Glee wrote:

I don't know what language the link below is in, but if it's anything useful and someone could translate, we'd love to know what it says Smile
http://www.nestor.minsk.by/mg/mg99/31/mg93105.html

Seems to be Russian! Using that tool http://translation2.paralink.com/ , I get this in English (still some rough edges to smooth out though Wink):

Group BRAN VAN generated in 1996 3000 is the project of the DJ living in Montreal and the founder of remixes James DiSalvo and represents a fruit of joint creativity about 20 musicians. On the account of a command only one album - CD "Glee" meanwhile is registered.

Beautifully also it is fresh having united in the music a priest-modernist style, electronics, hip-hop, soul, the rhythm-and-blues, a hardcore, a jazz, new wave, drum-n-bass and a techno, collective has already had time to win very nice reputation on both parties of ocean. The sound pot-pourri of group even natolknulo some critics on an idea that BRAN VAN 3000 are " simply magnificent northern version Beck ". But it seems to us, that criticism have got excited. In our opinion, BRAN VAN 3000 it is much more interesting and raznostoronee dear Beck. Odno-unique listening of an album "Glee" will instantly convince you of our correctness. On an album it is possible to hear at once seven voices: starting from reggi-tunes Sidaffa "Dodge" Bakel and thoughtful soula divines Stephane Moraille and finishing hip-hop-bravadoj white guy Steve "Liquid" Hawley. Here in fact as it happens.. .. Signing the contract with group, label Capitol Records expected to catch in the paws extremely klubnoorientirovannyj di-dzhejsky the project like DJ Shadow, and in a result has received alternative.

Being the teenager, Jamie " Bran Man " DiSalvio started to build the career of the founder of films and the director of musical videoclips. Quickly enough it zaimel reputation of the present professional. It, probably, will sound as a compliment, but itself Celine Dion has responded about it klipmejkerskih works as about too freakish and strange, that has not prevented DiSalvio to remove video for Canadian actors Jean Leloup, Sara Mclachlin, Buckshot LeFonque and, certainly, for BRAN VAN 3000. Thus the young man had time to flirt with music as the DJ (its personal record library totals some thousand plates) and the author of remixes, and three years ago its passion to last suddenly vylilas in a birth of own command BRAN VAN 3000.

Funny, but DiSalvio could argue on the music extremely in film-terms, and therefore to itself(himself) it has chosen a role of "director" of group, and during the following of 18 months typed for the project a necessary cast among which there were musicians, producers, vocalists and rappers. Debut album BRAN VAN 3000 "Glee" appeared rather joyful result of studio sessions of troupe, and its priest - pesenkam, hip-hopovym and dizzy semplodelike crude charm of indi-fate and advances with conducted synthetic bats of the future were inherent in rhythms. " Before beginning all this, I was familiar only with di-dzhej-kulturoj and revolving objects but when we have started to write down an album and I have got acquainted with all these people, I have realized for myself, that I really like guitar commands as strongly as trip-hop and hip-hop ", - speaks DiSalvio.

The music submitted on an album "Glee", has seemed to us devilishly lovely and marvellously various. So, for example, the track " Drinking In L.A. " lavriruet between a soul-vocal of black lady Stephane Moraille and drunk arrangements DiSalvio - turns out such a pub hip-hop. The song " Exactly Like Me " represents naive fate with a violin, an acoustic guitar and the sweet womanly vocals Sara Johnston, echoing DiSalvio. And the composition " Couch Surfer " appeared be similar silly sintezatornoj pesenke with distortirovannymi a rap - navorotami. Also it is only small part of that you can hear on a mad album.

DiSalvio has decided to plunge into music in an operating time in New York where it removed video for jazz-star Branford Marsalis: " It has brought to me some money, and I have called my friend "Electronic-Pierre" Bergen to Montreal then we have gone on 42-nd street from 10 000 dollars in a pocket where have bought some different studio dung ".

Soon BRAN VAN 3000 became the present command which skeleton make 7-9 person. Frontmenshi Sara Johnston and Jayne Hill rather new figures on a musical stage. The same it is possible to tell and about guitarist Nick Hynes. Soul-divine Stephane Moraille has earlier had time to become successful on a dancing stage of America, and rapper Steve "Liquid" Hawley is well-known in andergraundnyh hip-hop clubs of Canada. The most skilled musicians in structure BRAN VAN 3000 are bass-guitarist Gary McKenzie and udarnik Rob Joanisse which has introduced jazz spices in a collective ragout of group.

Sara Johnston it is responsible for more thin and soft vocals on an album, and its singing perfectly is in harmony with parties Jayne Hill. Its voice is swept most up in a song " Exactly Like Me " where she accompanies rap James, creating one of the most interesting examples of musical contrast on a disk.

Let's get acquainted to participants of group chutochku closer... Gary McKenzie played on a bass in various commands earlier, and about it usually speak the following: "... The clever guy from Jamaica which is simply amazing ". Jayne Hill, probably, sing on "Glee" most, and especially it is necessary to pay attention to songs "Problems" and "Everywhere". She also plays the important role during time of "alive" shows and radiates huge charges of positive energy. Stephane Moraille has joined to BRAN VAN 3000 hardly after other actors, but has added in a sound of group a certain exotic and languid romantic aroma. Steve "Liquid" Hawley has given to tracks "Afrodiziak", "Supermodel" and " Carry On " bright hip-hopovuju an orientation. The guy appears practically everywhere on an album. "E.P." Bergen is the producer of group, plays on synthesizers, programs bats-sequences, and also together with DiSalvio composes music. As we have already told above, "director" Jamie " Bran Man " DiSalvio has brought the love to cinema in music and as a result we have received BRAN VAN 3000. It constantly lives in Montreal, and the majority of its friends-musicians are natives of France that explains strong European influences on an album. Rob Joanisse - very cheerful guy and consequently has chosen to itself a place behind shock installation. The native of a jazz underground, Rob has successfully placed the talent of the drummer in music of group. And, at last, Nick Hynes bears otvetsvennost for all electric guitar parties. It describe so: " the Guy from Ottawa, never earlier playing in group ".

After release "Glee" wandering family BRAN VAN 3000 has distributed the music in territories of Canada, the USA and Europe by means of successful and vysokoenergichnyh "alive" performances. The command played on completely sold out shows in quality hedlajnerov, and also on razogreve at such executors, as Bjork, MASSIVE ATTACK, PULP and PRODIGY. Is on the account of group and honourable awards: " the Best alternative album of year in Canada " (Juno Awards), " the Best new group " (Canadian Radio Music Awards), " the Best video in a category of dancing music " (Much Music Video Awards). Recently in the Canadian press hearings that the group has broken up have appeared, but it is a lie - simply guys have decided to take a small creative time-out and for some time have fastened from tour. Other sources of the information inform, that in the near future admirers of collective should expect release of second album BRAN VAN 3000, and also records of several sajd-projects of a command. But for the beginning nevertheless we recommend you to take pleasure in an album "Glee" - for us with you it is still very actual.

By DJ Commando LABELLA
© the musical newspaper
(hell yeah!)

EsseDeeeh Smile

JesseLawrence

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

To order the shirts you have to send in your order request and they will e-mail you with availability.

I just tried doing so, but alas there was a server error. Sad

IceShaft

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for the new stuff Glee and EsseDe!! Very Happy
that russian article is just great! Surprised

Glee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 15:23    Post subject: A bit more of what i know Reply with quote

The single 'Time Flies By' was released on 12th May. You can listen to an extract of the single and a remix here. The single is release through NBS/Warner

As always, there's been a pretty high opinion of BV3, as shown here[b], in a readers poll for [b]chart attack. Bran Van 3000's Discosis was nominated for Best Canadian Album of 2001 along with some more amusing awards *giggles*

Bran Van 3000 appeared alongside the likes of Fatboy Slim and Nikka Costa @ Virgin CMW party on 28th March 2001

For a laugh i visited the old domain of the old old old official site (the first, 'Glee' version, back when it was unoficcial). here's what's left of it now http://www.killyourtv.net

Remember before how i said hydrofonic had a 'static' webpage. Well here it is lol
http://www3.sympatico.ca/hydrophonic/ Although this makes me wonder how long EP Bergen has been pursuing his project...

Here's a link to a page that provided a few updates on bv3 during the Glee period. http://members.tripod.com/~Shearing/bv3000.html It also announced when EP Bergen first branched out on his own

Here's another batch to add to the discography for compilations bv3 have appeared on http://ubl.artistdirect.com/music/artist/appears/0,,659073,00.html

Something which i always find a bit scary when watching lol http://www.hornyforgod.com/bv3.html

More coming soon Wink

Last edited by Glee on Thu May 13, 2004 16:27; edited 1 time in total
Mp³

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, Glee!!!
You're on fire!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate all the researches you're doing! I wouldn't have the patience to do all of that...

Good job! Gouude!

Emme Jamming

Glee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankies mp3 Embarassed the news from ep really inspired me to go on a bv3 'hunt' Razz

though most of this research i did all the way back in 2001 on the old board. Unfortunately though most of the links i had have since disappeared or been taken off the internet Sad

btw i edited the previous post a little bit Wink

still more to come Cool

Mp³

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the hornyforgod.com site, I was wondering... Did many of you subscribe to the poetry newsletter?

I did, but I don't always have the time to read attentively...

Thanks again Antonio Hug

sd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glee wrote:
btw i edited the previous post a little bit Wink

Thanks!! Gouude!

Could you please not edit your posts too often? It complicates things if I update the site while you're editing! Wink Wink

In the Russian thingy, they say that Rob Joanisse is the drummer. This guy is the drummer in the Horde tour:

So 2 times 2 is chicken?! Anybody can confirm that this is indeed Rob Joanisse?

Thanks a bunch!

Esse Very Happy

IceShaft

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glee u should work for the CIA Laughing
Glee

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks iceshaft Embarassed

i'm at college at the moment but thought i'd do a little more reseatch (when i should be doing my coursework hehehe).

Here's a link to the bbc biography that includes a pic of bran man on their Top of the pops performance in August 1999

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/music/muze/index.pl?site=music&action=biography&artist_id=4064

""Drinking In LA", which had originally stalled outside the UK Top 30 in summer 1998, reached number 3 when re-released in the UK in August 1999 thanks to its prominent use in a Rolling Rock beer advertisement."

wow! it's been 7 years since Glee was released! Shocked

I'll try and find the exact positions Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer Forum Index -> bv3 at large All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: