BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer Forum Index BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer
BRAN VAN 3000

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new album 2010/2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer Forum Index -> bv3 at large
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afrodizisnack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album has that Bran Van chemistry. There's an underlying and recurring theme throughout the album that sets to tone. In Glee it was "I feel fine", in Discosis it was astounded, in Rose it was the water, and in The Garden it's the tryst. A love to get excited over that you will meet soon. Is this love of a woman or man, or getting back in touch with the Earth?

I detect a bit of a symphonic nod to Drinking in L.A. in the beginning of Oui Got Now. And is this Wendy Day, I hear talking at the beginning of You?

It all blends together. That's what makes a Bran Van album. That feeling of love and friendliness; getting along. Something you can listen to, chilling with your friends.

I enjoy this album as a work of happiness. Thank whoever that Bran Van is still making music, in these sometimes dark days.
tomtomme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:03    Post subject: exactly Reply with quote

thank you for this nice analysis - i couldnt agree more!
So whats up bran van fans out there!
Write down here what YOU think of the album or of a single track. Id like to read it! Im feeling like christmas, easter and birthday together Smile
tomtomme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21    Post subject: discosis booklet Reply with quote

I found my old self-made Discosis Booklet! Its not the most beautiful but it works!
The format is meant to be printed out on DIN A4 paper and then to be cut in half along the long side of the paper. Then take some glue and put the half of each of the letters together with their white backs to get the typical final booklet-format! Have fun!

Link: http://tomblog.de/tieflader/music/branvanbooklet.pdf
nickknatterton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am also loving the repeating phrase "the river flows on and on..." - there is also a lot of water/rivers in the artwork.
btw: if anyone here wants the digital booklet - just send me a private message - it has 16 pages (pdf format, about 2 mb).

another thing i love about the new album are the piano parts, the banjo and much more....for me it seems like a very personal album especially tracks like "journey" - thinking of the loss james had early this year...btw the song in the beginning is originally by helena nash and is called "mama paris" - sample and lyrics:
http://helenanash.com/index.php?page=cds&category=Discography&display=77

...Oh, I love you son
Mmmm, my time has come

It's not that I'm ready to leave you, son
It's not that I wish to die
It's my time to become an angel star
When you need me that angel won't be far - walk on.

The world here is fading for me
All your life my light has shone for thee
Now it's time to give my light to the sky
Lift your eyes, I'll sing you a lullaby - walk on...
tomtomme

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:41    Post subject: dubstrumentals Reply with quote

Finally! I got a copy of the garden! It was so difficult to get it! Wow! Amazon.de wanted 50 , and Amazon.ca and .com always were out of stock and i hate iTunes! I wanted the real paper-thing! So I searched through many shops and found deepdiscount.com.
look here: http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/productID/94CB5385-D1EE-44B0-9549-EC9476963FCA/

still not cheap but worth it! The Booklet has all the lyrics and is sooooo beautiful like the new homepage bv3.ca
There is also a code to get a link to download the instrumentals of the album and to unlock more areas on bv3.ca.

for all the musicians out there which want to take samples from the instrumental-album for their songs Smile
http://bv3.ca/BV3SaltwaterCatsTracks.zip
and
http://bv3.ca/BV3dubstrumentals.zip
JesseLawrence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

always worth it, yeah. and this album The Garden is sweet.

been seeing, on the web, that there may be a few festival shows too this summer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BRAN VAN 3000: The Answer Forum Index -> bv3 at large All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: